Training camps are essentially over in the NFC North as the second preseason game approaches, and in the coming days we'll keep you up-to-date on what happened -- and what still needs to happen -- in each Black and Blue town. For now, here's a morning run through the division:
- In evaluating their numerous positional battles, the Chicago Bears are putting a huge emphasis on their next two preseason games -- Saturday at Seattle and next Thursday against San Francisco.
- The Detroit Lions are encouraging 36-year-old Jon Kitna to -- yes -- run as often as he wants this season.
- Mike O'Hara, the Detroit News' longtime Lions beat writer, is retiring.
- As of now, Green Bay Packers safety Aaron Rouse hasn't unseated starters Nick Collins or Atari Bigby in what was expected to be a strong summer competition.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's goal for this season: "Just being more patient and learning to play up the gut more."
Final San Diego 22 Buffalo 10 Final Dallas 34 St. Louis 31 Final Washington 34 Philadelphia 37 Final Houston 17 New York 30 Final Minnesota 9 New Orleans 20 Final Tennessee 7 Cincinnati 33 Final Baltimore 23 Cleveland 21 Final Green Bay 7 Detroit 19 Final Indianapolis 44 Jacksonville 17 Final Oakland 9 New England 16 Final San Francisco 14 Arizona 23 Final/OT Denver 20 Seattle 26 Final Kansas City 34 Miami 15 Final Pittsburgh 37 Carolina 19