Reading the coverage: Undrafted rookies have shot with Jags
August, 16, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
We've got three division games on the docket Saturday night. But first, let's have a look at what's been written about the AFC South.
- The Texans linebackers are feeling good about their chemistry.
- Houston and New Orleans liked joint practices so much their owners are looking to make it an annual event.
- The Colts may not win much in the preseason, but Tony Dungy isn't OK with it.
- Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders could return to action as early as Monday.
- Rookie free agents have a bit of a tradition of success in Jacksonville, writes the Orlando Sentinel's Tania Ganguli.
- The Jaguars want to execute better tonight against Miami.
- The Florida Times-Union gives us five Jaguars to watch.
- Despite a woeful effort by the passing game, the Titans aren't worried.
- You're familiar with Manny being Manny? The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt ponders Vince being Vince.
- Local boy makes good: Quarterback Ingle Martin, who is from Nashville, led an impressive game-winning field goal drive against Oakland. Still, he's likely in his final days with the team as the Titans go with two quarterbacks.
- Details of the new contract for Cortland Finnegan, from The Tennessean.
- A beefy Titans notebook, with a look at a nice TD catch-and-run by rookie Lavelle Hawkins.
Final Philadelphia 24 Washington 27 Final/OT San Diego 38 San Francisco 35
Final Minnesota 35 Miami 37 Final Baltimore 13 Houston 25 Final Detroit 20 Chicago 14 Final Cleveland 13 Carolina 17 Final Atlanta 30 New Orleans 14 Final Green Bay 20 Tampa Bay 3 Final Kansas City 12 Pittsburgh 20 Final New England 17 New York 16 Final New York 37 St. Louis 27 Final Buffalo 24 Oakland 26 Final Indianapolis 7 Dallas 42 Final Seattle 35 Arizona 6