Reading the coverage: Jags ready for return of a couple Reggies
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Our morning stroll though the AFC South...
Like something? Hate something? Did I miss something? Send links, complaints, praise, ideas and chocolate to me here.
- Richard Justice says the Texans and Ahman Green are keeping the faith.
- Chris Brown will be the starting running back in Dallas, but Steve Slaton will get early work, too.
- The Colts' training complex is ill-suited to host training camp, so odds are they continue to go off to campus. It's now called the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center. Wonder who insures the place. Also the defensive line is beaten up.
- Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney are poised to return to practice this week. They keep saying it and saying it. Let's see it.
- Gene Frenette looks at quarterback Todd Bouman, an NFL survivor.
- Cole Pepper urges Jags fans not to panic, yet.
- Reggie Hayward and Reggie Williams are close to returns from their injuries, and Paul Spicer says Derrick Harvey should get his deal done.
- Brian Witherspoon (ankle) could be back in action today, but corner Scott Starks (pectoral strain) may take longer.
- Before camp started, Alge Crumpler visited Michael Vick, Jim Wyatt reports.
- Kevin Mawae says people should back off Vince Young, and that "All the stuff that happens in the preseason will be forgotten about in about two weeks."
- Jessica Hopp looks at the 2.1 seconds punter Craig Hentrich gets to do his job.
Final Atlanta 7 Baltimore 29 Final Tennessee 17 Washington 19 Final Seattle 26 St. Louis 28 Final Cleveland 6 Jacksonville 24 Final Cincinnati 0 Indianapolis 27 Final Minnesota 16 Buffalo 17 Final Miami 27 Chicago 14 Final New Orleans 23 Detroit 24 Final Carolina 17 Green Bay 38 Final Kansas City 23 San Diego 20 Final Arizona 24 Oakland 13 Final New York 21 Dallas 31 Final San Francisco 17 Denver 42