Reading the coverage: Young to shut up, work
April, 20, 2009
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Mike Silver's annual ultimate mock draft allows teams to pick anybody.
- The top two running backs in the draft are hardly flawless, writes McClain.
- A look at a local: John McClain on Brandon Pettigrew.
- The case for Matthew Stafford as the No. 1 pick, from McClain.
- Teams get drug test results from the combine Monday, says McClain.
- Natalie Meisler looks at Gary Kubiak's participation at a clinic at Colorado State, where two of his sons play. (Thanks for Alan Burge for pointing out the link.)
- Alan Burge doesn't want to hear pleas for patience from the Texans' defense.
- What tender did Owen Daniels get? Burge ponders conflicting reports.
- In Mike Chappell's mock, the Colts take Brian Robiskie.
- The Colts will continue to draft best player available. Chappell breaks down the roster.
- Dominic Rhodes is no longer an option for the Colts in the backfield. He signed in Buffalo, says Chappell.
- Darrius Heyward-Bey has studied Marvin Harrison as he's gotten ready for an NFL career, writes Chappell.
- A look at Tony Dungy's life after football from Jarrett Bell.
- No. 8 and No. 7 on John Oehser's list of the top 25 picks of the Bill Polian era.
- A look at centers and defensive tackles in the draft, from Oehser.
- The Colts re-signed fifth-year veteran safety Matt Giordano.
- Chris Mortensen says the Jaguars are "nearing a deal" for Torry Holt, while team sources tell Michael C. Wright that the Jaguars are "making progress" on a contract for the veteran receiver. But agent Kennard McGuire told Jim Wyatt he doesn't know where that is coming from.
- Michael C. Wright has the Jaguars taking B.J. Raji in his mock draft.
- Wright looks at Jacksonville's needs.
- Cole Pepper also contemplates the Jaguars' needs.
- Vince Young intends to shut up and work, reports Jim Wyatt.
- David Climer makes the case for the Titans to finally spend their first-rounder on a wide receiver.
- The Titans will have good options at No. 30, writes Wyatt.
- Could Tennessee defensive end Robert Ayers be a fit for the Titans? Gary Estwick takes a look.
- Some Titans chime in with Wyatt with their thoughts on the draft.
- A member of the Titans' front office is rehabbing after surgery, reports Wyatt.
9:30 AM ET Detroit Atlanta 1:00 PM ET St. Louis Kansas City 1:00 PM ET Houston Tennessee 1:00 PM ET Minnesota Tampa Bay 1:00 PM ET Seattle Carolina 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Miami Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Chicago New England 1:00 PM ET Buffalo New York 4:05 PM ET Philadelphia Arizona 4:25 PM ET Oakland Cleveland 4:25 PM ET Indianapolis Pittsburgh 8:30 PM ET Green Bay New Orleans