Around the AFC East: Burress not a bad Jets fit
April, 28, 2009
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- New York Times reporter Judy Battista writes Plaxico Burress would be the "tall, defense-stretching threat the offense needs."
- Now that the Jets have their quarterback of the future, New York Post reporter Brian Costello asks "Whom [Mark Sanchez] is going to throw to?"
- Newsday's Erik Boland reports Harvard quarterback Chris Pizzotti is clarifying his post-draft comments.
- The Associated Press reports Bills safety Donte Whitner has pleaded not guilty to aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after an April 13 incident in Cleveland.
- Sean Fitz-Gerald of the National Post writes the Bills' decision not to draft an offensive tackle was "a glaring omission."
- Since the Dolphins didn't draft an outside linebacker, Palm Beach Post columnist Greg Stoda wonders if it's time to bring back Jason Taylor.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Ethan J. Skolnick found the Dolphins' draft "peculiar."
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington reviews quarterback John Beck's brief stay with the Dolphins.
New England Patriots
- Boston Herald columnist Ron Borges writes the Patriots' draft was an example of good business.
- Mel Kiper projects Kent State quarterback Julian Edelman as a dangerous Wildcat player, Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian writes.
- WEEI.com's Christopher Price breaks down the Patriots' draft class and says it could have as much impact as the 2003 edition.
1:00 PM ET Cleveland Baltimore 1:00 PM ET Dallas Washington 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Tennessee 1:00 PM ET Jacksonville Houston 1:00 PM ET San Diego Kansas City 1:00 PM ET New York Miami 1:00 PM ET Chicago Minnesota 1:00 PM ET Buffalo New England 1:00 PM ET Philadelphia New York 1:00 PM ET New Orleans Tampa Bay 4:25 PM ET Carolina Atlanta 4:25 PM ET Detroit Green Bay 4:25 PM ET Oakland Denver 4:25 PM ET Arizona San Francisco 4:25 PM ET St. Louis Seattle 8:30 PM ET Cincinnati Pittsburgh