Reading the coverage: Discipline keys Brown
May, 26, 2009
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Let's play some post-holiday weekend catch up...
- With Antonio Smith out with a hamstring issue, Tim Bulman manned right defensive end like he owned it last week, writes Megan Manfull.
- Several former Texans remain unsigned free agents, writes Alan Burge. You can always take that as a sign -- the rest of the league didn't place much value on your guys.
- What sort of impact can Brian Cushing have? Jim McCurdy wonders.
- Rashad Butler needs to be ready to back up both offensive tackles, says Burge.
- A look at Houston's late-round draft picks, from Jesse Rios.
- Hard work and strict discipline paved the way for Donald Brown, writes Phil Richards.
- Among the five topics John Oehser ponders is how the offensive line's embarrassment over last year's performance will spur a big comeback.
- The top five issues still facing the Colts, from Oehser.
- Jim Caldwell talked to Marc Correnti. We found the link via Indyfootballreport.com.
- The offense got a makeover, the defense gets a do-over, writes Vito Stellino.
- Fred Taylor is taking a different training approach as a Patriot, says Stellino.
- A look at the charity Reggie Nelson set up to honor his mom, from Josh Salman.
- Looking at the Jaguars' options behind Maurice Jones-Drew with Daniel Shanks.
- As he tries to regain his starting job, Ryan Fowler admits he became complacent when he lost it, writes Gary Estwick.
- A status report on the rookies after their first three practices with the veterans, from Jim Wyatt.
- Bud Adams talked about founding the Oilers and ultimately moving them to Tennessee in this piece by Joe Biddle.
- Leroy Harris is stuck as a backup for now, says Estwick.
- Jevon Kearse likes it when Chuck Cecil is loud, according to David Boclair.
Final Philadelphia 35 New England 42 Final Tennessee 24 New Orleans 31 Final San Diego 14 Seattle 41 Final Detroit 26 Oakland 27
Final Green Bay 21 St. Louis 7 Final New York 27 Indianapolis 26 Final New York 25 Cincinnati 17 Final Baltimore 37 Dallas 30 Final Buffalo 16 Pittsburgh 19 Final Miami 20 Tampa Bay 14 Final Atlanta 7 Houston 32 Final Arizona 28 Minnesota 30
Final Denver 34 San Francisco 0 Final Kansas City 16 Carolina 28