Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Let's zip around the division, then get to work.
The mailbag is open. Be part of the action. I'm told it's quite a rush.
- The Houston Chronicle's look at Harry Williams' career-ending spine surgery.
- Fullback Jameel Cook released.
- Anna-Megan Raley talks with Texans defensive end Earl Cochran about a strong preseason.
- With Peyton Manning set to practice, center Jeff Saturday's knee injury is a big question, writes Mike Chappell.
- The last two receiver spots are still being sorted out.
- Phillip B. Wilson's blog reviews the Colts' fourth preseason game.
- Jack Del Rio says his offensive line has to play better.
- Jerry Porter could miss opening day, writes Vito Stellino in a look at Jacksonville's wide receivers.
- Cole Peppers: "The Jaguars don't strike me as a championship team."
- The last couple receivers who make the Titans won't be a big part of the Sunday plan, Jim Wyatt says.
- A big story on Omar Cuff, which seems oddly timed since he'll be cut in just a few days.
- In the least suspenseful "competition" imaginable, Jeff Fisher declares Eugene Amano the winner at left guard.
- Don Banks ranks all 32 backup quarterbacks and puts Kerry Collins fifth, one slot behind San Diego's Billy Volek, the guy he replaced. Having watched them both extensively, I'd say Collins should be ahead of Volek on ability to perform in the clutch, though Volek obviously has more talent to work with.