Around the AFC East: Favre iffy for finale
August, 26, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post writes that Brett Favre bucks tradition in that he wants to play in Thursday night's preseason finale.
- But the Bergen Record's J.P. Pelzman writes Favre seems resigned to the idea of not playing.
- Newsday reporter Erik Boland writes backup QB Kellen Clemens has been satisfied with his performances all preseason.
- Newark Star-Ledger reporter Dave Hutchinson takes a look at whether Clemens is holding onto the No. 2 job.
- Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan writes backup QB J.P. Losman's performance Sunday night will ease anxiety in case of emergency.
- CB Ashton Youboty might be doing enough to keep his job, Gaughan notes.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero writes OLB Joey Porter might be dealing with career-threatening injuries.
- Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun Sentinel writes RB Ricky Williams is motivated by Bill Parcells.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Ben Volin gives updates on all of the changes on the depth chart, including a promotion for FS Chris Crocker.
- Sarah Rothschild of the Miami Herald tells us who OL Pedro Sosa is, among other notes.
New England Patriots
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian gathers the latest updates on QB Tom Brady's bum foot.
- Boston Globe reporter Mike Reiss gives his two cents on the Patriots' nickel defense.
- Enigmatic WR Chad Jackson is on the cut-down bubble, writes Guregian.
- The Providence Journal's Robert Lee takes a look at DB/special teamer/scout-team WR Ray Ventrone.
- Guregian, the Ray Ventrone of Boston media, checks in with local boy Mike Flynn in her Patriots notebook.