Halftime: Vikings 20, Packers 10
December, 30, 2012
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com
MINNEAPOLIS -- As you know, I'm spending this game in our Countdown Live chat. But here are a few random thoughts at halftime from the Metrodome:
- In leading his team to a 10-point lead, Minnesota Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson has rushed for 91 yards on 17 carries. He needs 11 yards to become the seventh player in NFL history to rush for at least 2,000 yards in a season and 117 yards to break Eric Dickerson's record for rushing yards in a season.
- The Chicago Bears are watching this game carefully. If the Vikings win and advance to the playoffs, the Bears will be eliminated.
- Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder has played well, but I think most of us would agree that his tipped pass to receiver Jarius Wright in the second quarter should have been ruled incomplete. Wright capped off the possession with an 8-yard touchdown reception, digging out a low throw from Ponder.
- The Packers scored on each of their final two possessions of the half, but they had to work for it. They ran off eight plays in the red zone before Greg Jennings' 3-yard scoring reception, and Mason Crosby kicked a 51-yard field goal on the final play of the half. It was an impressive kick for a place-kicker who has been struggling.
- Vikings place-kicker Blair Walsh extended his NFL record of field goals from at least 50 yards in a season with a 54-yarder in the first quarter. He is now 10-for-10 from at least 50 yards this season.
Final Chicago 17 Detroit 34 Final Philadelphia 33 Dallas 10 Final Seattle 19 San Francisco 3
1:00 PM ET Washington Indianapolis 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Houston 1:00 PM ET Cleveland Buffalo 1:00 PM ET San Diego Baltimore 1:00 PM ET New York Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Tampa Bay 1:00 PM ET Oakland St. Louis 1:00 PM ET New Orleans Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET Carolina Minnesota 4:05 PM ET Arizona Atlanta 4:25 PM ET New England Green Bay 8:30 PM ET Denver Kansas City