Halftime: Vikings 20, Packers 10
December, 30, 2012
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com
MINNEAPOLIS -- As you know, I'm spending this game in our Countdown Live chat. But here are a few random thoughts at halftime from the Metrodome:
- In leading his team to a 10-point lead, Minnesota Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson has rushed for 91 yards on 17 carries. He needs 11 yards to become the seventh player in NFL history to rush for at least 2,000 yards in a season and 117 yards to break Eric Dickerson's record for rushing yards in a season.
- The Chicago Bears are watching this game carefully. If the Vikings win and advance to the playoffs, the Bears will be eliminated.
- Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder has played well, but I think most of us would agree that his tipped pass to receiver Jarius Wright in the second quarter should have been ruled incomplete. Wright capped off the possession with an 8-yard touchdown reception, digging out a low throw from Ponder.
- The Packers scored on each of their final two possessions of the half, but they had to work for it. They ran off eight plays in the red zone before Greg Jennings' 3-yard scoring reception, and Mason Crosby kicked a 51-yard field goal on the final play of the half. It was an impressive kick for a place-kicker who has been struggling.
- Vikings place-kicker Blair Walsh extended his NFL record of field goals from at least 50 yards in a season with a 54-yarder in the first quarter. He is now 10-for-10 from at least 50 yards this season.
Final Atlanta 24 Jacksonville 14 Final Detroit 23 Buffalo 0 Final Indianapolis 7 Cincinnati 35 Final New York 7 Philadelphia 37 Final St. Louis 13 Miami 14 Final Kansas City 14 Green Bay 34 Final Carolina 10 Pittsburgh 0 Final New England 13 New York 16 Final Washington 24 Tampa Bay 10 Final Baltimore 22 New Orleans 13 Final Chicago 13 Cleveland 33 Final San Francisco 40 Houston 13 Final Minnesota 19 Tennessee 3 Final Denver 27 Dallas 3 Final Arizona 9 San Diego 12 Final Seattle 31 Oakland 41