- Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
NFL free agency starts March 12. The list of the top 10 unrestricted free agents in the AFC West has changed dramatically recently. Here is the list I compiled a month ago before re-signings and franchise tag decisions. The group is nowhere near as deep as it was.
1. Brandon Myers, Oakland, TE: Myers had a breakout receiving season in 2012 and he will draw interest on the open market. The Raiders will try to keep him, but it may not be easy. It could help Oakland that it is a strong tight end free agent class.
2. Louis Vasquez, San Diego, OG: Scouts love this player. He is the Chargers’ best offensive lineman and will be sought.
3. Antoine Cason, San Diego, CB: The word around the league is Cason will get interest. He could price himself out of San Diego as free agency is always kind to cornerbacks.
4. Philip Wheeler, Oakland, LB: Wheeler is a solid starter who the Raiders will want to keep.
5. Desmond Bryant, Oakland, DL: He is a rotational player, but he has ability and I can see him getting a good offer elsewhere.
6. Quentin Jammer, San Diego, CB: He may move to safety at the age of 33, but Jammer can still play.
7. Shaun Phillips, San Diego, LB: Phillips is streaky, but he can still rush the passer and plenty teams will pay for that skill.
8. Shane Lechler, Oakland, P: Lechler is one of the great all-time punters, but he is 36 and coming off an injury. It will be interesting to see his market develop.
9. Aubrayo Franklin, San Diego, DT: He is a tough, hard-nosed plugger that teams seek.
10. Glenn Dorsey, Kansas City, DL: The former No. 5 overall draft pick may get interest from 4-3 teams. Denver and Oakland could be interested.