- Matt Ehalt, ESPN New York contributor
- 0 Shares
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Here's a brief update on Jets players with injuries worth monitoring as the team prepares for an important division showdown against the Patriots on Sunday:
• WR Clyde Gates: Gates left Sunday's game with a left shoulder injury and underwent an MRI on Monday. He did not know the results of the MRI when he met with the media.
Gates said the injury is "painful but not that bad," and hopes to play against New England, provided the MRI shows there's nothing that will sideline him.
• CB Kyle Wilson: Wilson left Sunday's game with what was called a head injury, and the Jets were evasive Monday about whether he suffered a concussion. The Jets have provided quick updates in the past when players suffered concussions, like Jeremy Kerley. They said they'll have an update Wednesday.
• WR Santonio Holmes: Holmes missed his second straight game Sunday with his hamstring injury, and his return this week looks like a long shot. Holmes has not practiced since he suffered the injury against the Titans on Sept. 30.
• CB Dee Milliner: Milliner may return this week from his hamstring injury as he showed signs of improvement by doing positional drills last week. However, he still has yet to officially practice. The Jets could certainly use him if Wilson has to miss any time.
• RB Bilal Powell: Powell left Sunday's game with a shoulder injury, but he told reporters afterward he was fine.