Around the AFC East: Brady's mojo writhing
September, 9, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe writes "New England fans have lost their leader and their mojo" with QB Tom Brady extracted from the lineup.
- Now that Matt Cassel's taking over, Boston Globe reporter Mike Reiss writes it's open season on second-guessing the Patriots on backup QB decisions.
- Boston Herald columnist Gerry Callahan reminds us Bill Belichick's record without Brady is 42-58.
- The NFL has ruled Chiefs S Bernard Pollard did nothing illegal when he twisted Brady's knee, but NT Vince Wilfork begs to differ, Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian writes.
- Quincy Patriot Ledger writer Eric McHugh gets caught up with the Cassel family, which includes two professional pitchers.
- Lawrence Eagle-Tribune writer Hector Longo proclaims "There are no title hopes here."
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan likes the Bills' chances with Brady finished.
- Buffalo Artvoice columnist Dave Staba can't wait until PR Roscoe Parrish gets his hands the ball again.
- Gene Frenette of the Florida Times-Union writes the Jaguars should dread seeing old friend Marcus Stroud again.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle scribes Sal Maiorana and Leo Roth review Buffalo's big season-opening victory over Seattle.
- Niagara Gazette reporter Jay Skurski revisits DE Ryan Denney's first NFL touchdown -- on a fake field goal.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde writes if former coach Cam Cameron had made some of the same choices Tony Sparano did Sunday "the pitchforks and torches already would be out."
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero maintains the Dolphins coaching staff doesn't know its players yet.
- Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post writes the Dolphins still respect the Patriots sans Brady.
- The Post's Dave George wonders when the latest act will get old. "Maybe even Sunday at Arizona," he writes.
- Gary Myers of the New York Daily News contends coach Eric Mangini must win the division now that Brady's season is over.
- New York Post columnist Steve Serby has a two-word request for Patriots opponents: No mercy.
- Newsday reporter Erik Boland gauges the Jets' reaction to Brady's injury.
- Associated Press reporter Dennis Waszak writes the Jets love Brett Favre's improv act.
- New York Daily News writer Rich Cimini writes about K Jay Feely's return to the Meadowlands.
1:00 PM ET New Orleans Atlanta 1:00 PM ET Minnesota St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Cleveland Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET Jacksonville Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Oakland New York 1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Baltimore 1:00 PM ET Buffalo Chicago 1:00 PM ET Washington Houston 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Kansas City 1:00 PM ET New England Miami 4:25 PM ET Carolina Tampa Bay 4:25 PM ET San Francisco Dallas 8:30 PM ET Indianapolis Denver