Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Reading the coverage: 35 players have outrushed Colts
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
A morning drive around the division.
What do you want to read about? Let me know by heading for the mailbag.
- The team reconvenes today, with only team employees allowed in Reliant Stadium. Officials continue to assess damage and it's not yet known if the team will be able to play there on Oct. 5, writes John McClain.
Linebacker DeMeco Ryans: "I think it's going to be tough to focus on football at a time like this, when you consider some of the things that happened to your family members, friends, teammates and neighbors. We've got to concentrate on getting ready for Tennessee, but I think Ike's still going to be in the back of everyone's minds."
- In the salary-cap era, 78 teams started 0-3 and only two of them made the playoffs. Sixty-eight of them had losing seasons, says Vito Stellino. That means the Jaguars better win in Indianapolis on Sunday.
- Cole Pepper says the Jaguars need to keep it simple.
- Kerry Collins is the guy for the Titans for the foreseeable future, says Jim Wyatt.
- Cortland Finnegan busted out an "85" shirt the day after the win in Cincinnati, a tribute to Chad Ocho Cinco.
- Joe Biddle likes Jay Cutler best out of the options from 2006, an easy choice right now.