Saturday, September 20, 2008
Reading the coverage: A look at Collier's family
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Greetings, AFC Southies...
Here's a look at what's been written about the division.
I'm off to Indianapolis tonight. My plan is to get to Lucas Oil Stadium early and watch the Texans-Titans game in the press box before Jaguars-Colts kicks off. Thanks to the league for the convenient packaging this weekend.
The mailbag is always open.
- The Texans feel like they're starting all over, writes Megan Manfull.
- Indications are the Texans' Oct. 5 game against the Colts will be played in Reliant Stadium as scheduled, reports David Barron.
- With Travis Johnson out, rookie Frank Okam is likely to see some action on the defensive line, says Manfull.
- Jerry Porter is probably going to sit out his third consecutive game following summer hamstring surgery, according to Michael C. Wright.
- The read of the day: Tania Ganguli takes an extensive look at how Richard Collier, still in critical condition at Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, is doing. She did well to talk to his sister and mom.