Saturday, September 27, 2008
Reading the coverage: Hope draws big fine
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- A look at Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew from the Texans' perspective, courtesy of John McClain.
- Some good details about Matt Schaub's contract from Alan Burge.
- Reliant Stadium gets a thumbs up to host Colts-Texans next week. The roof will be open the rest of the year.
- Seven players have started their first NFL game for the Colts already this season, the second highest total in the league according to Phillip B. Wilson.
- One side note: The NFL had no issue with Drayton Florence's hit on Dallas Clark late in last week's game. I thought it might and checked with the league, but no fine was issued.
- Jerry Porter's long-awaited debut is expected tomorrow against Houston, says Michael C. Wright.
- Chris Hope was fined $7,500 for a horse-collar tackle of Steve Slaton last week, reports Jim Wyatt. I think that's steep. Seemed more like a $2,500 in fraction to me.
- Old, but interesting. Slate looks at the idea of how a guy like Vince Young might just not be suited to play in the NFL, and Stefan Fatsis says that would be OK.