Friday, October 3, 2008
Reading the coverage: For gunners, anything goes
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Please read up. There will be a quiz later.
- It's Dirty Job Day at the Indianapolis Star. A look at the life of a punt-team gunner, by Phil Richards.
- Bob Kravitz says the Colts aren't in Panic City, but they are residing in the suburbs.
- With an open roof, the weather at Reliant Stadium will be in the mid-80s, says Mike Chappell.
- Dwight Freeney looks back on his high school career.
- Phillip B. Wilson's matchup page.
- The Steelers' injury report has 12 players on it, notes Michael C. Wright.
- Derrick Harvey is hungry for his first sack, according to Vito Stellino.
- Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com has Albert Haynesworth as Defensive Player of the Year and Chris Johnson as offensive rookie of the year in his first quarter awards.
- Despite the fact that they are most analysts' choice as the best team in the AFC, the Titans hold on to silly idea that they are disrespected underdogs.
- Like a lot of young linebackers, Stephen Tulloch grew up a big admirer of Ray Lewis, according to Gary Estwick.
- It's looking like Vince Young will be the Titans' No. 2 quarterback on Sunday, says Jim Wyatt.
- Keith Bulluck contemplates Ernie Davis, at the behest of Estwick.