Friday, August 1, 2008
Reading the coverage: Bennett's top ranking
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Morning distraction: My background noise at the Jacksonville Marriott, Good Morning America, just informed me there is a workout pill that's replaced exercise for mice. Sign me up for the human trial. Also, a big undercover investigation revealed some smoothies are more fattening than you think. Shocker.
OK, while we anticipate the Jaguars' scrimmage Friday night, and hope the rain will be gone by then, we move on to our Good Morning AFC South look around the league.
- Vito Stellino talks with Fred Taylor, who went to the Super Bowl last year. Taylor doesn't think he will do it again if the Jaguars aren't playing in the game.
- Tanya Ganguli writes that Jaguars rookie cornerback Brian Witherspoon claims he ran a 4.19 in college. Who was working that stopwatch?
- The Times-Union says John Henderson was a little testy Thursday night. I saw for myself -- when he gets hot, he stays hot.
- Jim Wyatt says receiver Justin McCareins prefers Nashville or the Midwest to New York. And Mike Heimerdinger says McCareins isn't tensing up before practice any more.
- Terry McCormick figured out that new Titans receiver Chris Davis and the receiving Chris Davis who was already on the roster actually played together as 8-year-olds on the Lakewood Junior Spartans in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Gary Estwick looks at rookie defensive lineman Jason Jones' learning curve on interior handiwork.