Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Breaking down AFC West Power Rankings
By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com’s NFL Power Rankings heading into Week 2 were released Tuesday. Here are my thoughts on how the AFC West teams fared in the rankings:
San Diego Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs
- Power Ranking: 12
- My Power Ranking range: 7-10
- Why: I don’t think it is panic time in San Diego. The Chargers have some things to work out, but it’s a fixable situation.
- Power Ranking: 23
- My Power Ranking range: 17-19
- Why: I think No. 23 is way low. Hey, it’s just one game, but that’s all we know. There weren’t 22 teams better than Kansas City in Week 1.
- Power Ranking: 25
- My Power Ranking range: 24-27
- Why: The Broncos clearly have a long way to go, but they did not embarrass themselves in Jacksonville.
- Power Ranking: 27
- My Power Ranking range: 26-28
- Why: You can’t argue with this slot. The Raiders were one of the most disappointing teams on the field in Week 1.