Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Breaking down AFC West Power Rankings
By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com’s NFL Power Rankings heading into Week 4 were released Tuesday. Here are my thoughts on how the AFC West teams fared in the rankings:
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
- Power Ranking: 15
- My Power Ranking range: 5-7.
- Why: The Chiefs are way under-ranked as we stand today. All we know is what the first three weeks have showed us and the Chiefs are better than the No. 15 team in the league.
- Power Ranking: 18
- My Power Ranking range: 12-14
- Why: The Chargers aren’t doing themselves any favors. Their sloppy play is making people think they are worse than they are.
- Power Ranking: 23
- My Power Ranking range: 22-24
- Why: This is about right. The Broncos aren’t embarrassing themselves, but they aren’t ready to be a consistent winner quite yet.
- Power Ranking: 28
- My Power Ranking range: 25-28
- Why: Oakland still doesn’t know whether it’s a bad team or a team on the upswing. It has a chance to get better, but there are still problems on this team.