Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Reading the coverage: Taylor tribute edition
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- The city of Indianapolis is ready to host the combine, and Mike Chappell looks at what's coming.
- Fred Taylor offered to take less money, but the Jaguars had made up their mind, writes Michael C. Wright. While the team may draft a back, Jack Del Rio intends to use Greg Jones to complement Maurice Jones-Drew.
- Vito Stellino says Gene Smith is showing he likes to make quick decisions and move on.
- Pete Prisco says the Jags made a mistake and that Taylor would fit well in Indianapolis or Arizona. (Mike Sando is not so sure about Arizona.)
- Jones-Drew is now due a big contract, says Stellino.
- Gene Frenette says the clock on Taylor's time with the Jags had been ticking.
- Taylor was the face of the franchise, especially the last couple years, blogs Cole Pepper.
- A collection of Taylor's best quotes during 11 years with the Jags, put together by Scott Kendrick.
- Taylor by the numbers.