Friday, August 15, 2008
Black and Blue all over: Camp ends
Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert
Training camps are essentially over in the NFC North as the second preseason game approaches, and in the coming days we'll keep you up-to-date on what happened -- and what still needs to happen -- in each Black and Blue town. For now, here's a morning run through the division:
- In evaluating their numerous positional battles, the Chicago Bears are putting a huge emphasis on their next two preseason games -- Saturday at Seattle and next Thursday against San Francisco.
- The Detroit Lions are encouraging 36-year-old Jon Kitna to -- yes -- run as often as he wants this season.
- Mike O'Hara, the Detroit News' longtime Lions beat writer, is retiring.
- As of now, Green Bay Packers safety Aaron Rouse hasn't unseated starters Nick Collins or Atari Bigby in what was expected to be a strong summer competition.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's goal for this season: "Just being more patient and learning to play up the gut more."