Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Reading the coverage: Dungy won't take NFLPA post
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- John McClain says the Texans will sink or swim with Matt Schaub and have no interest in trading for Jay Cutler.
- A look at Texans' records that could fall in 2009, from Alan Burge.
- Tony Dungy won't be doing anything for the union on a paid or staff basis, reports John Oehser.
- The Colts are the "leading choice" to be the Bill's opponent in Toronto this fall, reports Vic Carucci.
- The release of Matt Jones had to happen, according to Cole Pepper.
- End Paul Spicer signed with New Orleans, where he will be reunited with coordinator Gregg Williams and linemate Bobby McCray, says Vito Stellino.
- David Climer says the Titans ought to find a way to get Jay Cutler.
- Terry McCormick feels compelled to dismiss the idea of a trade bringing Cutler to Nashville.
- Receiver Justin McCareins could make a free-agent visit near the end of the week, says McCormick.
- A video interview with Jovan Haye, by Gary Estwick.