Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Another postcard from Cincinnati
By Jamison Hensley
CINCINNATI -- Here are some notes from Wednesday's practice, which was attended by 810 fans in 97-degree heat:
- Pro Bowl defensive tackle Geno Atkins didn't practice. He suited up, but the Bengals used rookie Devon Still and Nick Hayden in his spot. Atkins, who limped off the field in Tuesday's practice, said he expected to play in Friday's preseason opener.
- Rookie third-round pick Mohamed Sanu, who is battling for the No. 2 wide receiver spot, had an added role. He played Tim Tebow on the scout-team offense. The Bengals open the preseason against the New York Jets on Friday.
- Andy Dalton looked sharp in a two-minute drill, completing 4 of 5 passes, which included a 30-yard toss to Armon Binns. The only incompletion was a drop by Binns on a pass that sailed behind him.
- Brandon Tate, who worked with the second-team offense Wednesday, didn't look good in dropping a long pass from Bruce Gradkowski. Tate then got yelled at by coaches after failing to field a punt and letting it bounce in-bounds.
- Bengals kicker Mike Nugent went 4-for-5 at the end of practice. His only miss was wide left from 44 yards.
This wraps up my tour stop in Cincinnati. The Bengals' Camp Confidential blog will be posted Friday. Have a good evening.