Sunday, September 16, 2012
Grand NFC West plans for NFL Week 2
By Mike Sando
Good morning. Please take a moment to enjoy the view from NFC West One.
The plan for Week 2 goes as follows:
- Arrive in San Jose, Calif., near San Francisco 49ers headquarters, around 8:50 a.m. PT.
- Drive to San Francisco, meeting NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert at an undisclosed, highly confidential location for a pregame meeting.
- Watch broadcast showing the Arizona Cardinals (presumably) dominating the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Looking forward to writing about Kevin Kolb becoming the first quarterback in NFL history to toss 10 touchdown passes in a single half.
- Drive from undisclosed location to Candlestick Park during garbage time of Cardinals game (can always watch Ryan Lindley's debut on the DVR later).
- Settle into press box featuring newly installed hard-wired connections (wireless at Candlestick has been notoriously fickle for years).
- Watch broadcasts showing the Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams (presumably) dominating their unsuspecting opponents from the NFC East. Looking forward to Russell Wilson and Sam Bradford breaking Kolb's newly set record.
- Receive congratulatory phone call from NFC East blogger Dan Graziano.
- Join Seifert in watching the 49ers (presumably) dominate the Detroit Lions at Candlestick Park. Looking forward to Alex Smith breaking the record Wilson and Bradford have recently set.
- Meet Seifert at midfield for postgame handshake. Rough him up a little, all in good fun.
- Get full night's sleep.
- Report for duty Monday without having to write a "Silver Linings" file.
Whoa, we've encountered some turbulence here and I've suddenly awoken. Like I said, looking forward to Week 2.