Thursday, December 27, 2012
Sunday Countdown: Pagano, Olsen, more
By ESPN.com staff
"Sunday NFL Countdown" airs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET on ESPN. Below are some of the features you can see this week.
Also, check out our experts’ picks.
Chuck Pagano’s return: After surviving an in-season battle with leukemia, Chuck Pagano returns to the sideline for the first time since September. Rachel Nichols sat down with the Colts’ head coach to talk about his fight against cancer as well as his team’s surprising and inspirational run to the playoffs.
Greg Olsen update: This feature will update the piece we ran earlier on Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, whose twins were born in the middle of the season. One of his twins, his son TJ, was born with a heart defect and required surgery shortly after birth. We catch up with the Olsen family to see the progress their young son has made and how the family is coping with what’s been a difficult few months.
DJ Porter: Filmed in Times Square in New York City, DJ Porter spins the sounds and stories from the 2012 season. Hear Porter’s take on the stellar rookie quarterback class, Adrian Peterson's and Peyton Manning's remarkable comebacks, replacement refs and all the highs and the lows from four memorable months.
- Field pass look-ins with the last-minute news and notes you need to know before kickoff of the 1 p.m. ET games. We’ll feature Andrew Luck, Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson.
- What happened to the defending champion Giants?
- Peterson’s pursuit of history. Can he get there?
- Jets mess continues. Who is at fault in this latest Tim Tebow brouhaha?
- Coaches safe or out: Mort and Adam Schefter run through some coaches who could be on the hot seat.