Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Blogger mock: Sharrif Floyd to Titans
By Paul Kuharsky
Chance Warmack would be my number one target here. But the Alabama guard didn’t last in our scenario. I don’t think the Titans like Jonathan Cooper the same way.
With Dion Jordan, Star Lotulelei, Dee Milliner, Warmack and Barkevious Mingo all gone, the great value here looks to be Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd.
Interior defensive line isn’t a pressing need. The Titans signed Sammie Hill as a free agent and they like Jurrell Casey a lot. Mike Martin played in every game as a rookie while Karl Klug suffered a second-year dip.
But they can make room for Floyd, a versatile interior player who can stop the run and get push into the backfield that will help the entire front.
I think the odds of Floyd being available at No. 10 are very remote, though.
If the Dolphins don't bowl over the Raiders with a trade for No. 3 the way James Walker did on Miami’s behalf here, I think Floyd could go third to Oakland.
1. KC: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. JAC: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
3. MIA: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (Trade)
4. PHI: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
5. DET: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
6. CLE: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. ARI: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
8. BUF: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
9. NYJ: Barkevious Mingo, OLB-DE, LSU
10. TEN: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Follow the draft as it continues, right here.