NFL Nation: Austin Colle
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
INDIANAPOLIS -- The methodical Colts are getting minimal resistance from Seattle, and have this game in complete control at the half with a 21-3 lead.
A couple of quick thoughts:
- Seattle’s actually doing a reasonably nice job getting Seneca Wallace out of the direct line of fire by rolling him out and making it more difficult for the Colts to get direct shots on him. Still, he’s feeling people closing on him from all angles and hasn’t had too many chances to comfortably look downfield.
- Meanwhile Peyton Manning’s hit 17 of 20 passes and has two TDs and a 145.8 passer rating.
- Indy’s defensive backs have done well on some short throws to wrap up receivers quickly and not allow them to turn into anything significant. Melvin Bullitt made a tremendous open-field tackle on Deion Branch when Branch tried to cut all the way across the field. Think of who’s missing here -- Bob Sanders, Kelvin Hayden. The Colts are hardly flinching without those guys.
- The Seahawks have hurt themselves with penalties, though the Colts have made plays on some of them and declined. I feel like some Seattle guys have overreached on those plays because they had little choice based on what the Colts were doing. Hold or get the QB killed, etc.
- Manning has to be thrilled with the progress of Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie and Donald Brown. They’ve all made big plays in the first half. I suspect you’ll be reading more about them in this space a bit later.
1:00 PM ET Cleveland Baltimore 1:00 PM ET Dallas Washington 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Tennessee 1:00 PM ET Jacksonville Houston 1:00 PM ET San Diego Kansas City 1:00 PM ET New York Miami 1:00 PM ET Chicago Minnesota 1:00 PM ET Buffalo New England 1:00 PM ET Philadelphia New York 1:00 PM ET New Orleans Tampa Bay 4:25 PM ET Carolina Atlanta 4:25 PM ET Detroit Green Bay 4:25 PM ET Oakland Denver 4:25 PM ET Arizona San Francisco 4:25 PM ET St. Louis Seattle 8:30 PM ET Cincinnati Pittsburgh