NFL Nation: Jamie Petrowski
I can't believe this, but Oilers/Titans Hall of Fame offensive lineman Bruce Matthews is joining the Texans coaching staff. I would have bet a lot against that one. He must have gotten bored at home.
We knew Eugene Wilson had a new deal. The National Football Post has contract details.
The Sage Rosenfels to Minnesota trade is official.
The Colts are now thin at linebacker, writes Mike Chappell.
Indy announced it tendered exclusive rights free agents offensive lineman Dan Federkeil, who also was offered a tender as an exclusive rights free agent in addition to running back Lance Ball, linebacker Buster Davis and defensive tackle Daniel Muir.
The team also confirmed it's added the following players since the end of the 2008 season: Linebacker Rufus Alexander, defensive back Brannon Condren, punter Mike Dragosavich (waiver claim), defensive back Brandon Foster, wide receiver Sam Giguere, tackle Corey Hilliard, defensive back Travis Key, linebacker Michael Okwo, tight end Jamie Petrowski, wide receiver Taj Smith and defensive back Brandon Sumrall.
Tim Graham says choosing the Patriots over the Bills was easy for Fred Taylor.
Keeping Brad Meester was a good move, says Cole Pepper.
David Climer would like the Titans to take a new approach at receiver.
The agent for receiver Nate Washington expects him to visit the Titans. Also interested: Lions, Buccaneers, Rams and Vikings. He's in Detroit Friday, according to Jim Wyatt.
Titans free agent receiver Brandon Jones will visit the 49ers, says Wyatt.
Defensive tackle Chris Canty is slated to visit the Titans Saturday after a stop in Washington.
The Titans have ratcheted up efforts to hold onto Chris Simms, says Terry McCormick.
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Good morning. Hope you can put these links to use while sipping your coffee. Or at lunch. Or during a break. The staff of the AFC South Blog cannot endorse you reading while working. But we are happy to look the other way and not say anything.
I'm sorry to report the AFC South chat is on a brief hiatus. I'm unable to chat Thursday and will be bringing you details from Titans-Lions on Thanksgiving. We will resume in December.
In the meantime, feel free to hit the mailbag. As always, I welcome comments, suggestions, links, criticism and anything else you can throw at me in the mailbag.
- The Texans will look for a fresh run game to be a key against Cleveland, writes Megan Manfull.
- John McClain hears the fans calling for Richard Smith's job.
- McClain's chat transcript is heavy on what chances people think the Texans should make.
- Reggie Wayne walks on water in a new commercial, says Phil Richards.
- Tom Santi to IR, Jamie Petrowski to the 53-man roster, reports Mike Chappell.
- One last review of Colts-Texans, from Phillip B. Wilson.
- John Oehser's weekly chat with Tony Dungy at Colts.com.
- What's gone wrong? Cole Pepper ponders with percentages.
- Jack Del Rio may be losing his grip, says Vic Carucci of NFL.com.
- Mike Tice is content as part of Jack Del Rio's staff, but would like another chance as the top guy, writes Mark Craig.
- A Q&A with Josh Scobee.