NFL Nation: Jared Alen
APPLETON, Wis. -- We're packing up here in Wisconsin while also working on an extended post set to publish later in the day. In the meantime, let's take a quick spin around the NFC North now that Green Bay's 24-19 victory over Minnesota has established a hierarchy in the division:
- After watching Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers lead Green Bay to victory, Tom Oates of the Wisconsin State Journal wrote: "Rodgers showed that the Packers still have the best quarterback in the NFC North." Faint praise, but it's accurate -- after Week 1, at least.
- Rodgers resisted baiting techniques from the Vikings' secondary, according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Vikings defensive end Jared Allen called his performance "one of the least productive games I've had in my life," according to the Star Tribune.
- Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press appreciated Minnesota quarterback Tarvaris Jackson's honesty in explaining his mistakes Monday night. "Accountability is good," Powers wrote. "Not screwing up in the first place is better."
- Chicago running back Matt Forte said Monday he "pretty much" met his goals by rushing for 123 yards in his debut Sunday night at Indianapolis, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Chicago players were entitled to crow about their victory, according to David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune.
- Lions center Dominic Raiola to Detroit reporters Monday: "I hope this loss humbled the locker room." Raiola believes the Lions might have gotten ahead of their hype.
- The mother of former Lions defensive end Victor DeGrate told the Detroit News her son had nothing to do with the disappearance of running back Rudi Johnson's bags. Former Lions running back Tatum Bell has said he took the bags because he thought they were DeGrate's.
1:00 PM ET New Orleans Atlanta 1:00 PM ET Minnesota St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Cleveland Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET Jacksonville Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Oakland New York 1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Baltimore 1:00 PM ET Buffalo Chicago 1:00 PM ET Washington Houston 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Kansas City 1:00 PM ET New England Miami 4:25 PM ET Carolina Tampa Bay 4:25 PM ET San Francisco Dallas 8:30 PM ET Indianapolis Denver