NFL Nation: Jerome Brown
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
If you're a Redskins fan, you have 11 days left until training camp. Cowboys fans have 16 days left. I'm currently putting together an elaborate plan that will allow me to see all four of the NFC East teams during training camp.
Quick question for my three-team East Coast trip: Would you guys start in Albany and work your way down via rental car or use Ashburn, Va., as a starting point? I need to finalize things pretty quickly so ESPN can book my middle seat.
Now, here are today's NFC East headlines:
- Jerry Jones is giving fans a special opportunity to help pay for his $1.2 billion stadium. Take that $375 you've been saving for your child's college fund and use it for an 8x8 paver that complete strangers will walk on someday.
- Jacques Taylor says this isn't a make or break season for Wade Phillips, but he does think it's his last one. HUH?
- It's time for T.O.'s football camp again. He's actually planning to attend this year.
- Jerry Jones tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that this is the best coaching staff he's ever had. Really?
- My friends at the Eagletarian are taking an extended vacation, so we have to keep linking to the government Web site. Enjoy the first of 500 McNabb training camp stories.
- Was the Eagles' 1991 defense the best of all time? At least one blogger thinks so. Make sure you watch the YouTube video of the late Jerome Brown and Clyde Simmons completely overwhelming the Cowboys. Nate Newton has told me that Brown was the best defensive lineman he ever faced.
- Eagles fans will have a chance to give blood for V.I.P. field passes.
- Defensive end Osi Umenyiora has joined Commissioner Goodell and Drew Brees on a USO tour in Iraq.
- Another update on Plaxico Burress' book tour. By my count, at least 17 members of the Giants organization have written books since the Super Bowl. But even before The Catch II, you had to know that David Tyree would someday write a book. It just made too much sense.
- Shocking revelation: Plax broke curfew last summer.
- The New York Times' Fifth Down Blog was kind enough to share the first chapter of Plaxico's book.
- Dan Steinberg has the wildly entertaining story of how Redskins mascot Chief Zee lost a questionable contest to the Ravens' mascot, Poe.
- Dick Heller of the Washington Times says that the Redskins will make people in the Beltway forget about Obama and McCain.
Final Atlanta 24 Jacksonville 14 Final Detroit 23 Buffalo 0 Final Indianapolis 7 Cincinnati 35 Final New York 7 Philadelphia 37 Final St. Louis 13 Miami 14 Final Kansas City 14 Green Bay 34 Final Carolina 10 Pittsburgh 0 Final New England 13 New York 16 Final Washington 24 Tampa Bay 10 Final Baltimore 22 New Orleans 13 Final Chicago 13 Cleveland 33 Final San Francisco 40 Houston 13 Final Minnesota 19 Tennessee 3 Final Denver 27 Dallas 3 Final Arizona 9 San Diego 12 Final Seattle 31 Oakland 41