NFL Nation: Rob Morris
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Morning distraction: My background noise at the Jacksonville Marriott, Good Morning America, just informed me there is a workout pill that's replaced exercise for mice. Sign me up for the human trial. Also, a big undercover investigation revealed some smoothies are more fattening than you think. Shocker.
OK, while we anticipate the Jaguars' scrimmage Friday night, and hope the rain will be gone by then, we move on to our Good Morning AFC South look around the league.
- Dale Robertson talks with cornerback Fred Bennett about his 2007 top ranking among cornerbacks by K.C. Joyner, "Football Scientist."
- Meghan Manfull says Gary Kubiak feared losing linebacker coach Johnny Holland when Mike Sherman left the Texans staff to take over at Texas A&M. Kubiak's happy Holland stayed put.
- Manfull also gives us Kubiak's initial reaction to new running back Mike Bell.
- Mike Chappell informs us linebacker Gary Brackett won't play in the Hall of Fame game Sunday night because of a hip injury.
- It's not necessarily connected to Brackett's injury, but the Colts might consider re-signing Rob Morris.
- Darrell Reid is doing some double duty. The defensive tackle is also taking some snaps as a short-yardage fullback.
- John Oehser of Colts.com talked with offensive line coach Howard Mudd, who likes his group so far.
- Vito Stellino talks with Fred Taylor, who went to the Super Bowl last year. Taylor doesn't think he will do it again if the Jaguars aren't playing in the game.
- Tanya Ganguli writes that Jaguars rookie cornerback Brian Witherspoon claims he ran a 4.19 in college. Who was working that stopwatch?
- The Times-Union says John Henderson was a little testy Thursday night. I saw for myself -- when he gets hot, he stays hot.
- Jim Wyatt says receiver Justin McCareins prefers Nashville or the Midwest to New York. And Mike Heimerdinger says McCareins isn't tensing up before practice any more.
- Terry McCormick figured out that new Titans receiver Chris Davis and the receiving Chris Davis who was already on the roster actually played together as 8-year-olds on the Lakewood Junior Spartans in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Gary Estwick looks at rookie defensive lineman Jason Jones' learning curve on interior handiwork.
4:30 PM ET Philadelphia Washington 8:25 PM ET San Diego San Francisco
1:00 PM ET Minnesota Miami 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Houston 1:00 PM ET Detroit Chicago 1:00 PM ET Cleveland Carolina 1:00 PM ET Atlanta New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Tampa Bay 1:00 PM ET Kansas City Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET New England New York 4:05 PM ET New York St. Louis 4:25 PM ET Buffalo Oakland 4:25 PM ET Indianapolis Dallas 8:30 PM ET Seattle Arizona