NFL Nation: Ron Girault
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- The Jets haven't been working out a new deal with TE Chris Baker as many assumed, reports New York Daily News writer Rich Cimini.
- Meanwhile, rookie TE Dustin Keller is making an impression in his first camp.
- The Jets jumped at the chance to sign former Rutgers S Ron Girault after the undrafted rookie was cut by the Chiefs.
- USA Today's season preview predicts an abundance of blossoming young players could end an eight-year playoff drought.
- SI.com insider Don Banks is calling the Bills his surprise team in the AFC. "The buzz is real," WR Lee Evans tells Banks.
- The Bills would rather keep T Langston Walker on the right side, but Jason Peters remains AWOL.
- New offensive coordinator Turk Schonert says the Bills will use their fullback, and free agent Darian Barnes looks like the man.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero says free-agent WR Terry Glenn is not the answer and shouldn't be signed.
- Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel reporter Harvey Fialkov writes Glenn could be Mr. Miyagi.
- Carlos Frias of the Palm Beach Post takes a look at how WR Ted Ginn's development is starting to catch up to his speed.
- Maybe it's the Boomer Grigsby Curse. In looking at rebuilding projects, Pro Football Weekly columnist Matt Sohn writes the Dolphins are doing it right. Not so much for the Chiefs.
New England Patriots
- S Rodney Harrison called his encounter with RB Laurence Maroney "a kiss on the cheek." Somebody get Laurence an ice bag.
- Boston Herald columnist Steve Buckley measures the disparate trust levels WR Randy Moss and Red Sox OF Manny Ramirez have built/frittered in New England.
- Quincy Patriot Ledger reporter Glen Farley checks in with WR Kelley Washington, who's hoping to be more than a special teamer. Washington played 14 games last year but had zero catches.