Free agency: Where we stand (7 p.m. ET)
July, 1, 2011
By ESPN.com | ESPN.com
Players who have signed as of 7 p.m. ET on the first day of free agency:
- Daniel Carcillo -- The Blackhawks announced Friday that they have signed Carcillo to a one-year deal. He had 127 penalty minutes in 57 games with the Flyers this past season.
- Sean Collins -- The Washington Capitals re-signed the defenseman with a one-year contract. Collins played just four games with the Capitals this past season, scoring one goal.
- Mark Dekanich -- The Columbus Blue Jackets agreed to terms with the 25-year-old netminder on Friday. Dekanich posted a 23-12-2 record with a 2.02 goals-against average and a .931 save percentage in the AHL this past season. He was Nashville's third pick in the 2006 draft.
- Christopher Higgins -- The Vancouver Canucks re-signed Higgins to a two-year deal worth $1.9 million. The 28-year-old had just five points in 14 games this past season, but dealt with a number of injuries, including an ailing hamstring, broken thumb and issue with his foot.
- Colin McDonald -- The Pittsburgh Penguins signed McDonald to a one-year, two-way deal. The 26-year-old played two games with the Edmonton Oilers this past season and scored one goal.
- Curtis Sanford -- The Columbus Blue Jackets agreed to terms with Sanford on a one-year deal. The 32-year-old goaltender spent the last two season's with the Montreal Canadiens' AHL affiliate the Hamilton Bulldogs.