Four stars of the night ...
Jay McClement -- Known primarily for his penalty killing, McClement "just happened to be in the right place at the right time a lot." The Blues center recorded his first career hat trick to carry his team to a shootout where they beat the Thrashers.
Alex Ovechkin -- With one goal in his previous six games and an 0 for 16 mark on the power play in his previous five games, Ovechkin looked to be continuing his struggles in the first period in Calgary. But, Ovechkin caught fire in the second period, scoring two power play goals in a 12-second span and adding an assist to lead the Capitals' six-goal period in a rout of the Flames.
Tomas Vokoun -- The Panthers netminder repelled 40 shots in Montreal to end the Canadiens four-game winning streak. Vokoun will be an unrestricted free agent after this season, so he will need a few more performances like this to earn his next contract.
Jonathan Quick -- Ilya Kovalchuk didn’t get a warm reception from the Los Angeles fans on Saturday night. And Quick made sure none of the Devils felt welcome at Staples Center. Quick made 39 stops as the Kings recorded their 800th regular-season victory.
- Pavel Datsyuk had two goals and an assist to back Chris Osgood's 23 saves in the Red Wings' victory. Red Wings 5, Predators 2 »
- Brent Johnson made 33 saves, and Pascal Dupuis scored two goals to lead the Penguins to a win without Evgeni Malkin. Penguins 3, Hurricanes 0 »
- David Booth scored on a penalty shot and Vokoun made 40 saves, leading the Panthers over the Habs. Panthers 3, Canadiens 1 »
- Thomas (6-0) stayed perfect with 29 saves and his third shutout of the season in the Bruins' win. Bruins 4, Senators 0 »
- Jeff Carter and Chris Pronger both scored two goals as the Flyers won their third straight in a rout of the Islanders. Flyers 6, Islanders 1 »
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 36 shots for his 25th NHL shutout and the Rangers extended the Maple Leafs scoreless streak to 122 minutes, 24 seconds. Rangers 2, Maple Leafs 0 »
- Andrew Raycroft made 34 saves for his eighth career shutout in his first start of the season, James Neal and Brenden Morrow scored power-play goals and the Stars snapped a three-game losing streak. Stars 4, Sabres 0 »
- After McClement recorded a hat trick in regulation, T.J. Oshie and Brad Boyes scored in the shootout to keep the Blues perfect at home. Blues 4, Thrashers 3 (SO) »
- Marty Turco bounce back from a woeful home performance with 25 saves in the Blackhawks' victory. Blackhawks 3, Wild 1 »
- Peter Budaj made 33 saves as the offense erupted for five goals and the Avalanche beat the Blue Jackets. Avalanche 5, Blue Jackets 1 »
- Dan Ellis made 23 stops to record his first shutout of the season and his first with the Lightning. Lightning 3, Coyotes 0 »
- Jarret Stoll had a goal and two assists as the Kings topped the struggling Devils. Kings 3, Devils 1 »
- Dany Heatley scored twice, Joe Thornton matched a franchise scoring record and the Sharks won for the fourth time in five games. Sharks 5, Ducks 2 »
- Trailing early, the Capitals got goals from Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom, Mike Green, Alexander Semin and Dave Steckel in a rout of the Flames. Capitals 7, Flames 2 »