Flyers 4, Devils 3 (OT); PHI leads series 1-0
* Danny Briere: 2 goals (6, 7), including 3rd career postseason OT goal (both previous goals were in 2006 with Sabres)
* Briere: 3rd multigoal game this postseason
* Claude Giroux: goal (7); leads NHL in playoff points (15), tied with Briere for most goals
* Flyers: have won past 5 playoff series after winning Game 1
* Devils: have lost past 5 playoff series after losing Game 1, including losing to the Flyers 4-1 in 2010 Eastern Conference quarterfinals
FROM ELIAS: Danny Briere scored his second goal of the game 4:36 into overtime to give the Flyers a 4-3 victory in the opener of their second-round series against the Devils. Briere, who had a pair of two-goal games as Philadelphia beat Pittsburgh in six games in the first round, is the first player in Flyers history to record three multiple-goal performances in the team's first seven games of a playoff year. In fact, he's only the second Flyer since 1998 to register three multigoal games over an entire playoff year, joining R.J. Umberger, who had three in 2008.
Coyotes 5, Predators 3; PHX leads series 2-0
* Coyotes: According to Elias, Coyotes are up 2-0 in a series for 1st time since 1986-87 season
* Coyotes: won 3 straight playoff games for first time since 1999
* Antoine Vermette (PHX): 5th goal of postseason (9th of postseason career)
* Predators: all 5 power-play goals have come on road
* Pekka Rinne (NSH): has allowed 9 goals in 1st 2 games of this series (allowed 9 goals in 5-game series vs DET)
FROM ELIAS: Antoine Vermette opened the scoring with a first-period goal in the Coyotes' 5-3 win against Nashville. It was Vermette's NHL-leading fourth go-ahead goal during this year's playoffs.