* Kings win first Stanley Cup title in franchise's 44th season (longest wait in NHL history for a franchise's first Cup title)
* Kings go 16-4 in postseason (T-2nd best record since all four rounds went to best-of-7 in 1987)
* Kings are first team to clinch Stanley Cup at home since 2007 Ducks
* Kings scored 3 PPG on Steve Bernier's 5-minute boarding penalty in 1st period
* Kings scored those 3 PPG over span of 3:58 (2nd-shortest span for team scoring 3 PPG in a Cup Final game)
* Kings become first No. 8 seed to win Stanley Cup (they are lowest seed to win title under current playoff format in NHL, NFL or NBA)
The Kings scored 3 power-play goals in a 3:58 span. That is the 2nd-shortest span scoring 3 power-play goals in a Stanley Cup finals game.
Shortest Span Scoring 3 PPG
Stanley Cup Final Game, NHL History
1954 Game 2 Canadiens 0:56
2012 Game 6 Kings 3:58
1996 Game 2 Avalanche 4:22
>>source: Elias Sports Bureau
- Darryl Sutter becomes the first of the six Sutter brothers to win the Stanley Cup as a head coach (Duane Sutter won four as a player, while Brent won two. Each of the six came with the Islanders).
- Darryl Sutter becomes the fifth midseason coaching replacement to win the Stanley Cup, and the first since Dan Bylsma in 2009 with Pittsburgh.
- Stanley Cup resides in California for the second time in six seasons (Anaheim in 2007). That was the only other Stanley Cup for the state of California.
- Dustin Brown joins Derian Hatcher (1999 Stars) as the only U.S.-born captains of a Stanley Cup-winning team. Brown hails from Ithaca, N.Y.
- Kings are 4th consecutive team to win the Stanley Cup after opening its season in Europe. They began Oct. 7 with a game in Stockholm, Sweden, against the Rangers.
- Jonathan Quick becomes the second U.S.-born goaltender to win the Cup in as many seasons (Tim Thomas in 2011)