Morning Links: More interest in Shane Doan
August, 6, 2012
- Predators GM David Poile reached out to Shane Doan's agent to express interest in the free agent, Poile told The Tennessean. Poile said it is unlikely Doan will visit Nashville, but not because of a lack of interest, because he is already familiar with the team and the area, according to the report.
Doan told TSN this weekend that he is doing everything he can to stay in Phoenix, but he has to do some due diligence because of the situation in Phoenix, according to NHL.com.
- Rick Nash took out a full page ad in The Columbus Dispatch to thank fans for their "unwavering support."
- Red Wings GM Ken Holland acknowledged the team needs help on the blue line, and Michal Rozsival, Brett Clark and Carlo Colaiacovo are free agents Detroit could possibly go after, according to the Detroit Free Press.
- Holland also told the paper that he hopes fans cheer for Sergei Fedorov in the Winter Classic alumni game. "My feeling is this alumni game is to honor the history, and Sergei has been a big part of our history," Holland told the Free Press. Fedorov was booed by fans after he signed with Anaheim instead of accepting a five-year, $50-million contract with Detroit.
- Flames defenseman Clay Wilson signed a one-year contract with KHL team Donbass Donetsk, according to the Calgary Sun.