Morning Links: Another snag in Yotes' deal
August, 30, 2012
By Sarah Goldstein | ESPN.com
- Greg Jamison says he has the funds to buy the Phoenix Coyotes and is ready to move forward, but now the City of Glendale wants to rework the 20-year, $324 million lease agreement they made with Jamison, according to The Arizona Republic.
- The Edmonton Oilers are likely to agree to an extension with Jordan Eberle in the next few weeks, according to the Edmonton Journal. The deal is expected to be for five season and around $6 million a season, according to the report.
- Linus Omark signed with Zug of the Swiss Elite League after months of failed attempts by the Oilers to trade him, according to the Edmonton Sun.
- Rene Bourque will be out for eight to 12 weeks after having surgery to repair a tear in his abdominal wall, the Canadiens announced.
- Manny Malhotra and Dan Hamhuis joined a contingent of Canucks in Haida Gwaii for a a three-day fishing derby that raised $1 million for the Canucks’ Autism Network, according to The Vancouver Sun.
- After missing an entire season due to a concussion and then missing another 50 games this past season, Panthers forward Peter Mueller is anxious to get back on the ice, according to the Sun Sentinel.