Morning Links: Doan deal is (almost) done
September, 7, 2012
By Sarah Goldstein | ESPN.com
- Shane Doan has agreed to a deal with the Phoenix Coyotes but is waiting for the sale of the team to Greg Jamison to become official, the veteran told radio station XTRA 910 in Phoenix according to multiple reports. Doan confirmed in the interview that Jamison has the funds to buy the team and that the NHL has said all is good, but a lease agreement with the city must still be worked out -- again.
- Bobby Ryan told The Orange County Register that he regrets an interview he gave earlier in the summer in which he said he didn't care if the team moved him because he was the one being blamed when things went wrong.
- The Vancouver Canucks have asked all of their players --including Roberto Luongo -- to return to Vancouver next week for a charity golf tournament, according to The Vancouver Sun.
- Shea Weber has returned to Nashville and was on the ice with teammates at Centennial Sportsplex on Thursday morning, according to The Tennessean.
- Devil GM Lou Lamoriello told The (Bergen) Record that Ilya Kovalchuk has recovered from back problems that slowed him in the postseason and is in Russia working out.