Not sure if Dale Tallon was holding a clipboard when announcing these medical updates, but he had a long list of injury news to deliver Tuesday.
Topping the list was the big news that No. 1 center Stephen Weiss is out for the season, needing wrist surgery. That removes one of the bigger names from the NHL’s trade market. Weiss will be a UFA in July.
Other injury updates from Tallon:
• Veteran goalie Jose Theodore (lower body, but we believe groin) is out six to eight weeks.
• Top-four defenseman Dmitry Kulikov (lower body) is out three to four weeks.
• Top-six forward Kris Versteeg is day to day with a lower-body injury, so he should be back soon.
• Forward Scottie Upshall (lower body) is out seven to 10 days.
• Defenseman Mike Weaver (lower body) is out four to six weeks.
• Captain Ed Jovanovski is out seven to 10 days with a lower-body injury.
And yes, the Panthers will ice a lineup Tuesday night against Winnipeg.