Western Conference Finals – Game 2
Blackhawks 4, Kings 2 (Blackhawks lead series 2-0)
The Blackhawks defeated the Kings, 4-2, to take a 2-0 series lead in the NHL’s Western Conference Finals. The Blackhawks’ 6 goals in the series have been provided by 6 different players (Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane not among them). FROM ELIAS: The Kings’ NHL-record streak of 34 consecutive postseason games allowing 3 goals or fewer was snapped. It’s the first time the Kings allowed more than 3 goals in a postseason game since losing to the Sharks, 4-3, on April 25, 2011.
* Blackhawks: won 5 straight games since trailing 3-1 to Red Wings in Western Conference Semifinals
* Blackhawks: 6 different players have scored their 6 goals in this series (Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane not among them)
* Blackhawks: allowed PPG at home for first time since April 12 (streak of 12 straight home games without allowing one -- including regular season -- snapped)
* Kings: NHL-record streak of 34 consecutive postseason games allowing 3 goals or fewer is snapped. First time Kings have allowed more than 3 goals in a postseason game since losing to the Sharks 4-3 on April 25, 2011.
* Kings: 1-7 on road this postseason (10-1 last season)
* Kings: previous 11 road playoff games had been decided by 1 goal (T-longest such streak in NHL history). That was snapped Sunday night.
* Game 3 is in Los Angeles Tuesday, 9 ET
Most Consecutive Playoff Games
Allowing 3 Goals or Fewer - NHL History
Kings 34<< 2012-13
Red Wings 27 2002-06
Maroons 22 1931-37
Rangers 21 1928-31
>>Snapped Sunday night
This is the 7th consecutive series dating back to the start of the 2012 postseason in which the Kings have either been up or down 2-0.
Up 2-0 Result
2013 Conf Semifinals vs SJ Won in 7
2012 Stanley Cup Final vs NJ Won in 6
2012 Conf Finals vs PHX Won in 5
2012 Conf Semifinals vs STL Won in 4
2012 Conf Quarterfinals vs VAN Won in 5
Down 2-0 Result
2013 Conf Finals vs CHI ?
2013 Conf Quarterfinals vs STL Won in 6