Matthew Barnaby's take on Bruins-Habs
Matthew Barnaby says the Boston Bruins have to cut down on their defensive deficiencies if they are going to have a chance to take over the division lead. The Montreal Canadiens won 4-3 on Thursday night.
- Tim Thomas allowed four goals but faced 41 shots. He lost his first road start in regulation this season, falling to 9-1-1.
- The Canadiens have won seven of their last eight meetings against the Bruins and snapped a three-game losing streak in the process.
- The Bruins have lost three straight games for the first time this season.
SUBSCRIBE:Subscribe to this blog's RSS
WHO'S DELIVERING THE CHECKS
Scott Burnside covers the NHL for ESPN.com. Before joining the website in 2005, he was a reporter for The Windsor Star and Toronto Sun. Burnside also co-authored the best-selling true crime book "Deadly Innocence."
• Follow on Twitter (@ESPN_Burnside)
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com, joining the website in Sept. 2008 after spending 13 years with The Canadian Press as its national hockey columnist. He is also a regular panelist for TSN of Canada.
• Follow on Twitter (@Real_ESPNLeBrun)
Craig Custance joined ESPN in Sept. 2011 to cover the NHL for ESPN the Magazine, ESPN Insider and ESPN.com. Previously, he covered hockey for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Sporting News.
• Follow on Twitter (@CraigCustance)