Penguins 3, Ducks 1
* Ryan Getzlaf (ANA): 5G, 3A in his last 4 games
* Sidney Crosby (PIT): 1G (1G in previous 10GP)
* Penguins: 4-1-0 past 5 home games
* Ducks: 1-21 on PP last 8 road games (3-3-2)
FROM ELIAS: Penguins forward Brian Gibbons, making his NHL debut, scored the first goal in Pittsburgh’s 3–1 victory over the Ducks. Gibbons is the second player to make his NHL debut this season and score the opening goal in his first game. Edmonton’s Luke Gazdic did that in the Oilers’ season opener (Oct. 1 vs. Winnipeg). Gibbons was the fifth player in Penguins history to manage that feat; the others were Mario Lemieux, Rick Kessel, Blair Chapman and Luca Caputi.
Bruins 4, Hurricanes 1
* Milan Lucic (BOS): 9th goal of the season (had 7 goals in 46 games last season)
* Bruins: 5-1-0 in past 6 games
* Hurricanes: had earned a point in previous 5 home games (4-0-1)
FROM ELIAS: Carl Soderberg scored the game-winning goal for the Bruins in their 4–1 win at Carolina. Soderberg had five shots on goal in Monday’s game, tying him with Torey Krug for the team high, after registering six shots in Boston’s last game (Friday at Ottawa), twice as many as any other Bruins player managed. Soderberg’s 11 shots on goal over the last two games are only three less than the total he posted in his 12 other games this season (14).
Flames 5, Jets 4
* Flames: 1st win in last 7 games (were 0-5-1 in last 6 games), snapped 3-game road losing streak
* Sean Monahan: scored winning goal in 8th round of shootout (1st career shootout goal). Monahan is a 19-year-old rookie who was drafted 6th in the 2013 NHL Draft)