The Rangers finally come to life
* The Rangers improve to 2-4-2 on their current nine-game homestand.
* Cam Talbot made 24 saves and is now 7-2 this season, only three fewer wins than Henrik Lundqvist in 17 fewer games.
* New York's Benoit Pouliot scored a goal and now has a four-game point streak.
* The Wild has lost four of its last six games.
Canucks 2, Jets 1
* Chris Tanev of Vancouver scored the game-winning goal with 9:37 remaining in 3rd. It i his fourth goal, and second game-winner, this season.
* The Canucks improved to 9-1-1 in December.
SUBSCRIBE:Subscribe to this blog's RSS
WHO'S DELIVERING THE CHECKS
Scott Burnside covers the NHL for ESPN.com. Before joining the website in 2005, he was a reporter for The Windsor Star and Toronto Sun. Burnside also co-authored the best-selling true crime book "Deadly Innocence."
• Follow on Twitter (@ESPN_Burnside)
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com, joining the website in Sept. 2008 after spending 13 years with The Canadian Press as its national hockey columnist. He is also a regular panelist for TSN of Canada.
• Follow on Twitter (@Real_ESPNLeBrun)
Craig Custance joined ESPN in Sept. 2011 to cover the NHL for ESPN the Magazine, ESPN Insider and ESPN.com. Previously, he covered hockey for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Sporting News.
• Follow on Twitter (@CraigCustance)
Katie Strang covers the NHL for ESPN.com. She is a graduate of Michigan State University and the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
• Follow on Twitter (@KatieStrangESPN)