Penguins 6, Jets 5
* Penguins: 12th straight home win; first team in NHL history to win at least 12 straight home games in back-to-back seasons.
* Dan Bylsma (PIT): ties Penguins record for career wins as a head coach (232, Eddie Johnston).
* Evgeni Malkin (PIT) two goals, one assist; second straight game with at least three points, had not played since a three-point game on Dec. 14.
* James Neal (PIT): two goals, one assist; has six goals and six assists in his last five games
FROM ELIAS: Evgeni Malkin, playing his first game after three weeks on the injured list, scored two goals and assisted on another in the Penguins' 6–5 win over the Jets. It was Malkin's eighth career game with three or more points against the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise, his highest such total versus any NHL team. The only other teams against which Malkin has recorded at least five games of three or more points are Toronto and Washington (six each).
Sharks 3, Blackhawks 2 (F/SO)
* Sharks: win snaps four-game losing streak vs Blackhawks; won each of last four shootouts overall
* Brent Burns (SJ): Goal (14); five goals in last seven games
* Blackhawks: lost each of last four shootouts
* Michal Rozsival (CHI): Goal (1); first goal since March 1, 2012.