Penguins 5, Sabres 1
* Sidney Crosby (PIT): Goal, assist; has scored at least one point in each of his last 17 games against the Sabres, his longest career point streak versus one opponent.
FROM ELIAS: Crosby tallied one goal and one assist when the Penguins beat the Sabres, 5-1, in Buffalo on Wednesday night. Crosby has recorded 21 points in 13 career games at First Niagara Center (9 goals, 12 assists), with at least one point in each game. Crosby’s run of 13 consecutive games with at least one point in that building is his longest regular-season point streak as a visiting player at any NHL arena. Crosby’s career average of 1.62 points per game at First Niagara Center is his third-highest as a visitor in a rink in which he’s played at least ten games, behind his averages at Nassau Coliseum (1.67) and Verizon Center (1.64).
* Penguins: 3-0 vs Sabres this season (outscored Sabres 12-2 in those 3 games).
* Sabres: 38 points, minus-61 goal differential this season (both worst in NHL).
Blackhawks 2, Ducks 0
* Blackhawks: iIprove to 27-1-6 when scoring first.
* Marian Hossa (CHI): Goal (24), assist; three goals, four assists during five-game point streak.
* Ducks: lost 3 straight for 1st time since an 0-3-2 skid in November.
* Corey Crawford (CHI): First shutout in 38 starts this season (three in 28 starts last season).
Sharks 2, Stars 1 (OT)
* Tommy Wingels (SJ): GW goal in OT.
* Sharks: Last 3 wins have each been in OT or SO.
* Stars: Lost 8 straight games that were tied at the end of regulation.