Kings 2, Blue Jackets 1 (OT)
* Robyn Regehr (LA): GW goal (2); First career OT goal (1,002nd career game).
* Kings: Win snaps four-game losing streak; 2-8-1 in last 11 games.
Canadiens 5, Canucks 2
* Max Pacioretty (MTL): Hat trick (26); third career hat trick, second this season.
FROM ELIAS: Pacioretty is the second player in NHL history to attempt two penalty shots in a game (had both in second period). The other was the Hurricanes' Erik Cole on Nov. 9, 2005 at Buffalo (both in third period), who missed one and made one, making Pacioretty the first player in NHL history to miss two penalty shots in a game.
Blues 3, Bruins 2 (F/OT)
* T.J. Oshie (STL): Game-winning goal in OT (first career OT goal); fourth game-winning goal this season (career high).
* Jaroslav Halak (STL): Season-high 36 saves.
Oilers 2, Rangers 1
* Oilers: 5-1 last six games (winless in previous six).
* Nail Yakupov (EDM): Game-winning goal with 1:38 left in regulation.
* Rangers: Four-game win streak snapped.
Capitals 4, Jets 2
* Alex Ovechkin (WSH): Go-ahead goal (40); sixth career 40-goal season (first since 2009-10).
FROM ELIAS: Alex Ovechkin was the first NHL player to score 10, 20 and 30 goals this season, and on Thursday he became the first player to hit the 40-goal mark in the 2013–14 campaign when he scored a tiebreaking goal in the third period that proved to be the game-winner in the Capitals’ victory over the Jets. This is the fourth time that Ovechkin has been "first to 40" in his nine seasons in the NHL. He did that in each of three consecutive seasons from 2007–08 through 2009–10.
Fewest Games Needed For 40 Goals - Since NHL Returned From Lockout in 2005-06
Alex Ovechkin 51 2009-10
Alex Ovechkin 52 2007-08
Alex Ovechkin 54 2013-14
Steven Stamkos 54 2010-11