Monday's games: Playoff points to watch
April, 25, 2011
By ESPN Stats & Information | ESPN.com
No. 4 Pittsburgh Penguins at No. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning (Pens lead 3-2), 7 p.m. ET
- The visiting team has won the past four games of the series.
- Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma is 5-1 in playoff series with all five series-clinching wins coming on the road.
- Steven Stamkos scored two goals in Game 5, the first two playoff goals of his career.
- The Penguins have outshot the Lightning by an average margin of 11.2 shots per game.
- Tampa Bay has scored eight goals in its 22 power-play opportunities, while Pittsburgh has just one power-play goal in 24 chances.
No. 2 San Jose Sharks at No. 7 Los Angeles Kings (Sharks lead 3-2), 10 p.m. ET
- The Kings are trying to come back from a 3-1 series deficit for the second time in franchise history and the first time since 1989 against the Oilers.
- The Sharks have been eliminated by a lower-seeded team each of the past three postseasons.
- Antero Niittymaki has not started for San Jose, but has allowed just one goal in 91:29 of ice time. His 0.66 goals-against average leads the NHL. In 223:24 of ice time, Antti Niemi has allowed 16 goals for a 4.30 GAA.
- Los Angeles is staying competitive in the series by starting strong. The Kings are plus-7 in the first period, while the Sharks have outscored them in every other period.