Friday's games: Playoff points to watch
April, 29, 2011
By ESPN.com | ESPN.com
No. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning at No. 1 Washington Capitals, 7 p.m. ET
- The Capitals have been resting since finishing their first-round series Saturday, and the Lightning finished their seven-game series against the Penguins on Wednesday.
- These Southeast Division foes faced off six times during the regular season with Washington winning the series 4-1-1.
- Lightning goalie Dwayne Roloson leads the NHL in save percentage (.949) in the postseason, while the Capitals' Michal Neuvirth has the best goals-against average (1.38).
- Over the past three postseasons, Alex Ovechkin has scored (19) or assisted (18) on 37 of Washington's 76 goals.
- Tampa Bay scored on 8-of-27 power-play opportunities in the first round, the highest percentage of the eight remaining playoff teams. Martin St. Louis recorded five of his eight points on power plays.
No. 3 Detroit Red Wings at No. 2 San Jose Sharks, 10 p.m. ET
- Last year, the Sharks beat the Red Wings in the second round of the playoffs in five games with Detroit coming off a seven-game series against Phoenix. This postseason, the Wings have been resting since sweeping the Coyotes on April 20.
- Having eight days to rest allowed the Red Wings to get injured stars Johan Franzen and Henrik Zetterberg, who missed the first round, back in the lineup.
- San Jose won the regular-season series with Detroit 3-1.
- Over the last seven years, the two franchises have combined for 11 division titles and four Presidents' Trophies.