Sunday's games: Playoff points to watch
May, 1, 2011
By ESPN Stats & Information | ESPN.com
No. 3 Detroit Red Wings at No. 2 San Jose Sharks (Sharks lead 1-0), 3 p.m. ET
- Four of San Jose's five postseason wins have come in overtime.
- In Game 1, the Sharks outshot the Red Wings 46-25.
- The afternoon start does not favor San Jose as it has lost four consecutive day playoff games.
- All five of Joe Pavelski's power-play goals have come against the Red Wings.
- The Sharks are 4-1 all-time in series they led 2-0.
No. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning at No. 1 Washington Capitals (Lightning lead 1-0), 7 p.m. ET
- The Lightning have won four straight playoff games, their longest streak since winning eight straight in 2004.
- Sean Bergenheim has scored in his last three games and Steve Downie is on a four-game point streak, while Martin St. Louis has no goals in his last three playoff games.
- The Capitals last lost the first two home games of a series in the 2009 conference quarterfinals against the Rangers. Washington won the series in seven games.
- Alex Ovechkin was held to two shots on goal in Game 1. Washington is 2-5 all-time when their captain is held to two shots or less.
- The Lightning lead the NHL with nine power-play goals in the postseason.